What is covered by the Event Cancellation Policy?
Our Event Cancellation insurance policy indemnifies the named insured against any losses occurring subsequent to the insurance effective date and causing the unavoidable:
- Cancellation, curtailment, postponement, removal to alternative premises, or abandonment of the event
- Non-appearance of a principle speaker, entertainer, or the like, provided that in the case of an entertainer the performance is not the principle purpose of the event
- Failure by the named insured to vacate the event's facility at the termination of their tenancy
- Enforced reduced attendance
- All personal property owned, leased, rented by, or loaned to the named insured while in transit directly to and from the event
What carriers does EventGuard partner with?
EventGuard partners with Lloyds of London. The quality of our professional relationship with Lloyds of London allows for optimal terms and conditions within our policies, as well as greater flexibility enabling us to customize our product to better protect your exposure.
How far in advance to I need to apply?
An application for event cancellation insurance should be submitted at least 30 days prior to the event. However, if your application has not or cannot be submitted 30 days prior please contact us and we will do everything we can to accommodate. We also have the ability to provide quotes up to 3 years prior to your event.
How do you determine the amount of premium?
In determining the amount of premium, primary factors we consider include the location and the time of year in which the event will be held, as well as any unusual circumstances surrounding the event.
Why do I need Event Cancellation Insurance?
Event Cancellation Insurance is for organizations and individuals who expect to have revenue or expenses associated with the event. All those insured benefit from the protection of anticipated profits and/or coverage of necessary expenses in the event that unavoidable losses occur.
Can I ensure expenses instead of revenue?
Does EventGuard Event Cancellation Insurance provide coverage for events held outside of the United States?
Yes - our insurance program covers events held across the globe.